Here are the following ingredients:
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) EACH rice vinegar and vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) EACH fresh lemon or lime juice and liquid honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh mint, cilantro or parsley
- 1 large apple (skin on), julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned or grated
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
1. Whisk together vinegar, oil, lemon juice, honey and mint in a medium
2. Add apple, carrot, celery and onion to dressing; toss to coat. Season
with salt and pepper to taste; toss well. Let stand at room temperature for 30
minutes before serving.
To make ahead, cover and refrigerate the slaw for up to 4 hours before serving. Use a cortland or gala apple, if possible, as they don’t brown as quickly as some varieties.