Here are the following ingredients:
- 1 lb (500 g) Extra Lean Ground Beef Sirloin
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large sweet pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups (375 mL) thawed frozen corn kernels
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
Cook beef, onion, sweet pepper, chili powder and cumin over medium heat in large saucepan or Dutch oven, stirring and breaking up beef with a spoon, for about 6 to 8 minutes or until meat is completely cooked. Remove from heat; drain.
Stir in tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, beans and corn and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, or until chili is thickened and flavours are blended. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
For Chili Enchiladas, spread 2 cups (500 mL) chili in 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish; set aside. Spoon ½ cup (125 mL) chili onto centre of each of 8 small flour tortillas. Roll up; place seam side down in baking dish. Spoon remaining chili over enchiladas. Sprinkle with 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes until hot and bubbling. Makes 8 enchiladas.