Here are the following ingredients:
- 4 large red or yellow bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1 lb (500g) Extra Lean or Lean Ground Beef
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped zucchini
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried orzo pasta
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat and sodium reduced pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled light feta cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped pitted kalamata olives
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
- Place peppers, cut side down, on a lightly oiled rimmed baking
sheet. Bake in preheated 450°F oven 15 minutes or until skins start to
blister and peppers are tender but not overcooked. Remove from oven;
cover and keep warm.
- Brown beef, zucchini, onion and oregano over medium-high heat in
large nonstick skillet until meat is thoroughly cooked and most of
liquid has evaporated. Drain if necessary.
- Stir beef broth and orzo into pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat,
cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until orzo is cooked and liquid is
- Meanwhile warm pasta sauce over medium heat in small saucepan until bubbling; remove from heat and keep warm.
- Divide beef mixture among pepper halves, packing lightly. Top each
with feta and olives. Spoon pasta sauce over all. Tent loosely with
foil and bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until hot and topping is
Ground beef is 100% beef with no additives, fillers or colours.