Here are the following ingredients:
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange zest
- ¼ cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) EACH sodium reduced soy sauce and rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) EACH minced gingerroot and liquid honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH sesame oil and Asian chili sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (500 g) Beef Top Sirloin Grilling Steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup (125 mL) EACH julienned carrot, thinly sliced sweet red or yellow pepper and red onion
- Hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Salad greens
- Orange slices
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
- Whisk together orange zest, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, gingerroot, honey, cornstarch, garlic, sesame oil and chili sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Pat beef strips dry with paper towel. Heat oil in large skillet or wok over high heat. Stir-fry beef for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned but still pink inside; transfer to a bowl. Add mushrooms, carrot, peppers, onion and 4 tsp (20 mL) water to pan and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Return beef and any juices to pan. Stir in reserved sauce and return to boil; cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with hot pepper flakes (if using). Toss with individual servings of greens and garnish with oranges and cilantro leaves.
For best browning and flavour, pat steaks dry with paper towels before stir-frying.