Here are the following ingredients:
- ½ cup (125 mL) walnut halves, broken
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) prepared horseradish
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt and fresh ground pepper
- 12 oz (375 g) leftover roast beef, such as Beef Strip Loin Oven Roast (see Tip, below), slivered (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby greens, such as baby kale mix
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
Toast walnuts over medium heat in a small dry skillet, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Immediately transfer to a heatproof bowl and let cool.
Whisk together vinegar, horseradish, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add cooked beef, greens, onion, cheese and toasted walnuts; toss to coat with dressing. Serve immediately
To make roast beef, rub a 3 lb (1.5 kg) Beef Strip Loin Oven Roast all over with salt and pepper to your taste. Place, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into centre of roast. Oven-sear in preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 275°F. Cook for about 1¾ to 2 hours for medium-rare, removing from oven when 5°F (3°C) below desired finished temperature (145°F/63°C for medium-rare, or 160°F/71°C for medium, or 170°F/77°C for well-done). Transfer to cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. To serve hot, carve across the grain into thin slices or let cool, wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days to serve cold.