Here are the following ingredients:
- 1 lb (500 g) Lean Ground Beef Chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) EACH thinly sliced carrot, celery and zucchini
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 carton (900 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (213 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded fresh spinach (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- ½ cup (125 mL) broken whole wheat spaghetti
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
Cook beef, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, zucchini, Italian seasoning, and hot pepper flakes (if using) over medium-high heat in Dutch oven, breaking up beef with a spoon and stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until meat is completely cooked and any liquid has evaporated or drain if needed.
Add tomatoes with juice, broth and tomato sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in spinach and parsley (if using). Stir in pasta; simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
All ground beef comes designated as Extra Lean, Lean, Medium or Regular, based on the maximum fat content. This designation is the same for all ground meats: beef, turkey, veal, chicken, pork and lamb.