Here are the following ingredients:
- ¾ cup (175 mL) barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) crumbled dried rosemary
- 1½ lb (750 g) assorted mixed mushrooms (such as button, cremini, portabello, shiitake or oyster)
- 1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1½ lb (750 g) Beef Rib Eye Grilling Steaks, 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick (about 2)
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
- Combine barbecue sauce, lemon juice, garlic, green onions and rosemary in bowl. Remove ¼ cup (60 mL) for basting; set aside.
- Cut mushrooms and into large chunks, keeping oyster mushrooms whole. Toss with onion, and salt and pepper to your taste. Pan-fry in butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring, for about 12 minutes or until slightly caramelized and liquid has evaporated. Stir in remaining barbecue sauce mixture; heat through.
- Meanwhile, season steaks all over with salt and pepper to your taste. Grill over medium-high heat in a closed barbecue for 10 to 12 minutes for 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick steaks, brushing with reserved sauce occasionally and turning twice or more, for medium-rare 145°F (63°C) at the least.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice steaks thinly across the grain and serve with mushrooms and onions.
Steaks cook more evenly when flipped at least twice during grilling.