Here are the following ingredients:
- ½ cup (25 mL) grape tomatoes, halved (or 2 plum tomatoes, diced)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) diced red onion
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) diced English cucumber
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lime
- Salt and pepper
- 4 small Beef Tenderloin Grilling Steaks, 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick (about 1½ lb/750 g)
- Salt and cracked black pepper
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
- Fruit Salsa: Combine tomato, red onion, mango, cucumber, cilantro, lime zest and juice in medium bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate. (Make ahead: Salsa may be made several hours in advance.)
- Steaks: Pat steaks dry with paper towel and season all over with salt and cracked black pepper to your taste.
- Grill steaks in a closed preheated barbecue over medium-high heat (400°F/200°C) for 10 to 12 minutes for 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick steaks, turning twice or more, or until a digital instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of steaks reads 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare doneness at the least.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving with Fruit Salsa.
Seasoning prior to grilling enhances the flavour better than if you season the steaks after grilling.