Here are the following ingredients:
- 1 cup (250 mL) EACH fresh parsley and cilantro leaves
- ½ cup (125 mL) EACH chopped onion and bottled oil-and-vinegar salad dressing
- ½ tsp (2 mL) EACH hot pepper sauce (or more to taste), salt and pepper
- 4 small Beef Tenderloin Grilling Steaks, 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick (about 1½ lb/750 g)
- 3 cups (750 mL) penne pasta (uncooked)
- 1½ cups (375 mL) grape tomatoes, quartered
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley leaves, torn
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
- Combine parsley, cilantro, onion, dressing, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer half to medium-size bowl and set aside. Place remaining half in large sealable freezer bag and add steaks to bag, turning to coat; seal and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and add to parsley mixture reserved in bowl; toss to coat and let cool.
- Discard marinade from meat; pat steaks dry with paper towel.
- Grill steaks in a closed preheated barbecue over medium-high heat (400°F/200°C) for 10 to 12 minutes for 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick steaks, turning twice or more, or until a digital instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of steaks reads 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare doneness at the least.
- Let steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving. Add tomatoes to pasta and serve as a side to the steaks, garnished with Parmesan and parsley.
Use a digital instant-read thermometer inserted sideways for best judgement of doneness.