Here are the following ingredients:
- 1 lb (500 g) Beef Top Sirloin Steak, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 pkg (approx 320 g) haloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- ½ lb (250 g) medium-size white mushrooms
- Bamboo skewers, soaked
- ¼ cup (60 mL) light beer
- 2 tbsp (15 mL) EACH maple syrup, olive oil, Dijon mustard and grainy mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Canola or olive oil
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
beef, cheese, onion and mushrooms evenly and alternating onto soaked bamboo
skewers. Set aside.
- Baste: Whisk together beer, syrup, olive
oil, Dijon and grainy mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to
your taste; set aside.
- Cook skewers on oiled grill in a
closed preheated barbecue over medium-high heat (400°F/200°C) for 8 to 10
minutes, turning to brown all sides and generously brushing with the Baste, or
until vegetables are tender and beef is cooked to 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare
doneness at the least (or 160°F/71°C for medium, or 170°F/77°C for well-done).