Here are the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) EACH sweet smoked paprika, garlic powder and dried oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) EACH dried thyme leaves, onion powder and salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) Beef Flank Marinating Steak
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) chipotle powder
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices bread, preferably from a large Belgian country-style loaf
- 4 oz (125 g) Raclette de Portneuf or any other firm raclette cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 oz (125 g) Cantonnier St-Raymond or any other firm raclette cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula (approx)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter
Here are the following shopping items to buy:
Follow these cooking methods/directions:
Combine smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, onion powder, salt and
pepper in a small bowl. Measure ¼ cup (60 mL) for the steak and store remaining
in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
steak dry and place in a large dish. Sprinkle with spice mixture, rubbing all
over to coat. Drizzle generously with olive oil and massage to coat well. Cover
and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Spicy Mayonnaise:
Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, honey, chipotle powder and lime juice in a bowl;
season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until using.
Remove steak from dish; pat dry with paper towel. Heat a cast-iron grill pan or
skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle pan with oil and add steak. Cook for 6
to 8 minutes, turning twice or more, until a digital instant-read thermometer
inserted sideways into steak reads 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare at the least
(or 160°F/71°C for medium or 170°F/77°C for well-done). Transfer to a cutting
board and let rest for 5 minutes.
Spread one side of each slice of bread generously with Spicy Mayonnaise. Arrange
half the slices of cheese on top of 2 of the bread slices. Cut steak into thin
slices across the grain. Divide steak slices evenly on top of cheese. Top with
arugula to taste and remaining cheese. Sandwich with remaining bread slices.
Melt half the butter over low heat in a large skillet. Cook sandwiches on one
side for 4 to 5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Melt remaining
butter in pan, flip the sandwiches and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the
bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Cut in half to serve.